Verizon Wireless launched a new “iDon’t – Droid Does” ad campaign today focused on the shortcomings of the iPhone. Finally!
It’s no secret that I’ve been waiting for an Android (Google OS) phone to hit Verizon and I couldn’t be more excited that it’s legit and official. And by doing a simple symbol to decimal replacement on the rotating symbols at the bottom of the page at http://www.droiddoes.com, we get a countdown timer in the format: DD HH MM SS that will eventually stop on October 30. Whether that is the date for the official announcement / release or for the phone’s availability, I don’t know.
It is assumed that this first phone will be the Motorola Droid, formerly known as the Moto Shoals or Tao. The specs are reported to be as follows:
- 3.7-inch capacitive touchscreen display with a 854 x 480 resolution
- OMAP3430 600MHz ARM Cortex A8 processor
- 512MB ROM and 256MB RAM
- Android OS 2.0
- 5-megapixel camera with autofocus and video recording
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
- USB 2.0
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 16GB of internal storage
- microSD/microSDHC card slot
- Dimensions: 60.00 x 115.80 x 13.70 mm
- Weight: 169 grams
- 1400 mAh Li-ion battery that will offer 450 hours on standby and 420 minutes of talk time